Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A poem born of heartbreak.... :)


Why Not Wait?


I wish you would have waited for me
What a life filled with lovely
would be there for we
Instead of the lonely
that's here just for me

I'm trapped in a gown made of something like white
and a veil that wraps tight my heart and my eyes
It's stained from the flow that pours and pours
Soon only maroon will show
Our close ripped not only just clothes

Can you wait, can you wait
It's late, I know it's late          (too late)
I need you to wait
'Cause my eyes keep improving 'til they make a blank slate        (if you wait)
I can see it, I can finally see it
How I could be, should be and we could be
The weave of our fingers, our hearts and all these lives
Everything peaceful, in right

Wait at the crossroad and we'll take the path
The one that erases all of our wrath
Gently it leads to unity, honesty, our true match
On it grow the flowers of forgiveness, forbearance and perserverance
It waits there forever, for us
Do you see it?

Wait at the cliff without going over
So four hearts don't break over and over
'Cause even if night falls you don't need to be frightened
Follow the halls hallowed by others like us
You'll see their lights and we'll be enlightened
Wait at the start, wait at the end, wait at the middle and let's both bend
Both of us need the one to whom we were sent

A little wait so there's no one to hate
A little wait for a different fate

Why couldn't we wait?

Oh... Why...not...wait?


by Paola 2/7/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment